Zero 2 5k
Formerly Couch to 5k
Are you or someone you know looking to improve your overall health and physical fitness? If so, Sportspectrum’s 025K Program may be for you. It is designed for beginner walkers/runners who want to start or improve and maintain a consistent fitness routine.
Participants will meet as a group twice a week for 13 weeks. Meetings will consist of a dynamic warm-up, coach-led run/walk sessions dependent on fitness level, and cool-down stretches. Throughout the program you will receive information on nutrition, injury-prevention, running attire, running form, etc. to help you make the most of this experience. You will be assigned one on-your-on run to complete on the weekend by your coach. In addition to having the help and support of experienced coaches, you will meet new friends with similar goals.
Sportspectrum’s Zero to 5K Training Program Includes:
· Informational Meeting on Thursday September 20th, 2018, 6:00 p.m. at Sportspectrum 6970 Fern Avenue, Shreveport LA 71105.
· Training Start Date & Location: Tuesday September 25th, 2018, 6:00 p.m. – Sportspectrum, 6970 Fern Avenue, Shreveport
· Program designed for beginner walkers and novice runners who want to begin or learn to maintain a consistent fitness program (running) making a life style change in some cases.
· Goal Race: Downtown Christmas Run scheduled for Thursday, December 13th, 2018 – 7:00 p.m.
· Group led runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 PM for 13 weeks at various parks and locations around Shreveport and Bossier City. Group Runs will typically last about 30 minutes at the beginning and increase to about an hour towards the end of the program. Group runs will all be led by individual Group Coaches. One “on your own” weekend run (workout) will be provided to the class each week.
· Group workouts consist of dynamic warm up, then we will break down into smaller groups’ based on your fitness condition and walk/run for a certain duration of time, and then at the end we will stretch and cool down.
· Clinics and information on injury prevention, motivation, nutrition, running attire, shoes, running form, and more.
· E-mail access to your individual Group Coach.
· Included in the Sportspectrum’s Training program: 1) Free entry into the Downtown Christmas Run (race shirt included). 2) 25% Shoe Discount on one pair of running shoes purchased during the Training program. 3) Technical Training shirt “earned” by successfully attending 70% of the group workouts. 4) Group led workouts will be twice a week for 13 weeks.
· Have more questions? Feel free to call or visit us at Sportspectrum Store
318- 798-1241, or contact Matt McVicar, email@example.com